Professional Development workshops for teachers & early educators
Communicating with Care
How to identify children with additional needs & broach the subject with their parents
- Are your staff confident when talking about children’s additional needs with parents?
- Can they recognise the warning signs for children who experience communication, coordination and behavioural difficulties?
- Do they know what to say to parents and how to convey concerns effectively and compassionately?
In this practical and common-sense workshop, Sonja will empower your team with information, skills and knowledge that will enhance their professionalism.
Not only will your team enjoy a highly engaging and relevant presentation, but they will also receive scripts to help them develop their confidence when dealing with parents.
A comprehensive set of valuable resources that will enhance the quality of support that they provide to the children and families in your care is also included in this program.
Who is this seminar for?
Teachers, early educators, preschool and school staff members
What can I expect from this event?
- Information about children’s key developmental milestones
- Comprehensive advice about how to identify children who have additional communication, coordination, sensory and behavioural needs.
- Scripts and tips that will enable our team to effectively communicate concerns to parents
- Details about contacts in the community who can provide additional assist families.
“Communicating with Care” can be tailored for your staff and can be shared for any duration between 2 and 4 hours, depending on your requirements.